Sunday, June 5, 2011

This is it?

Memorial Day Weekend we camped in a wonderful, 80 year old cabin above Kapalua Airport.  This is a privilege we get while Jeff works for Maui Land and Pine and we're making the most of it (camping in February and again in May).  When we went in February I forgot my camera.  Luckily Danielle is an "almost photographer" and took hundreds of great pics.  This time around I brought my Canon Powershot SX200 - a glorified point and shoot camera which I love.  I told myself I was going to document the weekend.  Here is what I took:
Looking down the gulch toward Kaanapali

A yummy, chocolaty treat for Emily (it was vacation!)
Emily eating, again

Genna and Macie feeding Emily
 Despite the fact that these are the only pictures I took we did not spend the entire weekend feeding Emily.  We went to the beach twice, picked a couple pineapple (Jeff made sure they were from fields no longer in use), played games . . .
Luckily Danielle was there again and I know she'll have tons of great pictures.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh Kapalua is so beautiful! In my previous life as an interior designer I worked on a house that was built in the hills above Kapalua and I remember being breathless over the view. Spectacular! You guys are some lucky folk.

Does Emily have a bigger appetite than Genna? Hazel is a crazy eating machine compared to my birdy eater Indigo. It is an often occurrence that Hazel eats her whole dinner and then finishes off Indigo's scraps! Ha!